Thursday, August 18, 2011

Phone Call

Got an interesting phone call from Torresen today. I originally thought it was going to be something about our diesel engine, but it turns out that the original owners of our Chris Craft Cherokee are interested in buying our boat. I'm a bit conflicted. The idea had crossed my mind more than once this year, what with the growing difficulties we've been having in keeping up with the maintenance and care of this boat, and with the problems we've been having in finding time to actually go sailing what with conflicting schedules and the rising price of gas for the car in making the one hour trip out to the marina. But on the other hand, I have a lot of good memories with this boat, and I've grown quite fond of her. I'm both relieved and saddened in about equal measure, and am not sure how to proceed. More on this later.

No comments: