Saturday, April 30, 2011

Two Weeks to Launch

Crunch time, and we haven't had a chance to go out to the boat until this weekend, where we managed to get the topsides washed and polished, and delivered several items of gear back onto the boat from where it had been living in our garage the past winter. I'm hoping to get out next week/weekend and do some work on the brightwork, but it may end up having to wait until we're in the water. The marina is still looking like a 'work in progress', but hopefully it will be less of a mess in a few weeks when we are scheduled for launch.

(oh, and while going through our 'boat gear' in the garage, I located the 'stanchion pads' that I had thought previously lost, so we'll have some extras for next year)

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Thaw

Went down on a sunny Saturday afternoon to take the cover off the boat, and do a recon for whatever repairs, cleaning and spring chores might need to be done before launching in May. Not sure if we're going to paint the bottom this year, although there are a few rust spots on the keel. Looks like we're going to need to do some cosmetic work to the brightwork this season, it is looking mighty sad. We'll be moving to a new slip this year, since Torreson did a complete overhaul of the marina. We'll be over on the east side of the parking lot. We took a drive over to take a peek at the new slip (the dock feels a bit shaky, and we'll have to relearn our docking maneuvers it looks like. Should be interesting.