Boat was launched two weeks ago, but thanks to weather, workload and extenuating circumstances, this was the first chance I've had to go take a peek at the boat since then. The dock lines were pretty dilapadated, so I was a little concerned with how the dockhands tied her up. Turns out I was wise to worry. Instead of using my heavy duty spring line, they jury rigged three shorter (and less diameter) lines together to work as a spring line. They used the two new dock lines I laid out for them on the stern cleats, but used the older red dock lines for the bow cleats (which I am going to replace next time I go out there). The weather was horrible today, raining cats and dogs, so I didn't put on the sails, but I did gather up the questionable genoa sheets and take them into the service department to ask about them. They can't 'resplice' the ends, like I had hoped, but I'll be getting two new sheets, spliced with our old hardware shackles.
Surprised to see much fewer boats launched this year than in years past. Perhaps the economy is taking its toll (not to mention the exodus to the downtown Marina that Matt spearheaded for many of our neighbors). Going to be a busy month ahead, with my Mom's wedding, and with Graduation open houses. Hopefully we can get out and sail a little bit in June, but I'm not holding my breath.
The new sheets should be ready next week by the 12th. I may make another journey out there next weekend.